Wednesday, September 24, 2008

SPIT UP EVERYWHERE!

So, on Monday I had to go up to the hospital to return my pump. Michael was off, but I decided to take Landon with me so that I could go by my office and show him to the people I used to work with. While I was in the office, I was holding Landon and he started refluxing. He was choking pretty bad. He was so red that he looked like he was turning blue. I handed him to one of the nurses that worked there and ran to get his nasal aspirator. It took a good 2-3 minutes to get him settled. It was traumatic for me, and apparantly I couldn't handle it, since I handed him off to Nicole!(thanks girl!) Anyway, I called the pediatricians office because she told me if he did that anymore to let her know. Well, they are scheduling him for an Upper GI. They haven't called to let me know when it will be yet. I started freaking out about it all, so I called my friend Tish who has A LOT of experience with all this reflux stuff and she told me a lot of things that calmed my nerves. What I am really thankful for is the apnea monitor. I was so scared to leave Landon on Monday night so that Michael and I could go to a play at Northside Baptist, but my mom and sister were both very confidant that they could handle it and luckily, he didn't do it again. He didn't have any issues yesterday, but today he has had several episodes. I am having to hold him for 20-30 minutes after he eats. It already takes him about 45 minutes to eat 4 ounces, and then I have to sit and hold him for so long, by the time I get to lay him down it's almost time for him to eat again. It's rather frustrating. He has an appointment with an ENT on Oct 2nd. I have a feeling that it all ties together somehow, because I can hear some congestion in his nose/throat that I cannot get out, I think it's causing him to choke as well. I am just ready to figure this out. I am sooo greatful for my little man, he has come so far! I am just ready for things to be normal. Wow, that will never happen, I don't know what I was thinking! Well, that's what's going on here at home. I am looking forward to getting out of this house tomorrow night for a little Grey's Anatomy party-yay!! And on Saturday I have a luncheon at church for new mommies. It's nice to get out and feel like a normal person every now and then! ( and not smell like spit up for at least a few hours!) I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

Jeffcoat House said...

Yeah, sista, good luck with everything being "normal." It will be ok! I am so glad all is going well outside of that episode so far! You're doing great!!