Tuesday, December 30, 2008

GOD'S SENSE OF HUMOR

So, most everyone who knows me knows that we are expecting baby number 3! WOW. Can you believe it? We have been in shock mode for a few weeks now. I have already been to the doctor and they confirmed with ultrasound that I am indeed pregnant and due on August 10th. No this was not planned and yes we know what causes this. We are taking this one step at a time and we are feeling extremly blessed at this point. I will share this with you: The first week I was pretty upset and even mad at times about it. I couldn't understand why God had done this to us. Financially, we aren't ready, emotionally, we aren't ready, and honestly, physically, I am not ready to carry another child. But all that doesn't matter now. I have to be ready, God has chosen us and He has done that for a reason. There's no going back now and we have to take it as it comes. We are starting to get excited, but still a little nervous. I have no idea what it will be like to have a toddler and a newborn. And I am of course nervous that I will pprom again. There's no guarantee either way so we just have to wait it out. The doctor wants to take a few precautions. They are discussing a cerclage (stitch in the cervix) and weekly hormone injections to relax the uterus. I am sure I will be monitored more closely during this pregnancy than ever before. My prayer is that this baby will not have to go through what Landon went through. I don't want that to happen again. God certainly works in mysterious ways and I think He has a slight sense of humor:) It's been kinda fun freaking everyone out with our news. It reminds me of the season of the tv show FRIENDS when Pheobe decided to be a surrogate for her brother and she was pregnant with his triplets. she would tell everyone she was carrying her brothers babies. she enjoyed freaking people out! Anyway, please, please pray for us during this time, it's going to be an exciting adventure! God will see us through, we put our trust in that!!! Love you all!

2 comments:

April - Team Tottle said...

I am so glad you guys feel blessed, you should! Don't let anyone give you the sarcasm and the looks, our culture has become so selfish with the attitude of "who would possibly want more than one or two kids, and so close together, you must be crazy!" I'm sure it will be overwhelming and seem downright impossible at times but as you know, ...nothing is impossible with God. Both my children were "accidents", as in they weren't planned by "us", they were planned by God. I'm finally learning that. They aren't accidents at all, they are blessings.

April - Team Tottle said...

Oh yeah, and I think you're right, God does have a pretty good sense of humor! :)