Tuesday, December 9, 2008

There's Another Angel in Heaven

I just wanted to share some heartbreaking information so that you could be praying for this family. Chris and Regan Elrod, members in my Sunday School class at Red Bank Baptist Church, lost their 6 month old baby girl on Sunday. Her name was Calen Elrod. She got tangled in her blanket during a nap. I attended the wake tonight, which was very very emotional for me since I have an almost 5 month old at home. This family is just devastated. It makes me feel guilty to have a healthy baby at home to love and hold. I was hugging Regan at the wake and I was crying some, but when she asked me how my baby was doing, I completly lost it. There's been a few babies born this year from our Sunday School class, so all of us mothers are having a hard time dealing with this, what do you say to someone going through this? There are no words. My heart is just breaking for them. They have 2 young boys at home as well. I just can't imagine going through this. Please pray for this family, they need it more than ever. Her obituary is on The State website if you are interested. She looked beautiful tonight! Please hug your babies tonight, for you do not know what tomorrow holds. Love you all.

No comments: