Thursday, May 28, 2009

UPDATES

I MADE IT!!! I am officially past the gestational age at which Landon was born prematurely!! I am 29 weeks and 3 days and Landon was born at 29 weeks and 2 days. And, I am not in the hospital or on strict bedrest as of yet! Isn't it amazing?? I did have a doctor's appointment yesterday and my cervix is short again, but not enough for the doctor to change anything as far as bedrest goes. He did, however, go ahead and order me to have the steroid injections for the baby's lungs. He wanted to be ahead of the game if I were to come in a few weeks in labor and we had to do a csection. So, I had one injection yesterday and I will go have one today. Other than that, the appointment went well and everything else is going good. He told me to take it easy as much as I could but he understood that I could only do my best at that since I have young children(duh). I asked him about my restless legs and he told me to take Tylenol PM and if that wouldn't help to call him and he would give me some Ambien. Now, for all my sleepmed people, you know I don't want to take that Ambien, I just can't imagine it being safe during pregnancy even though they say it is. I actually don't feel comfortable taking a sleeping pill when I have a 10 month old who still wakes up through the night. ?? but on the other hand, restless legs is unbearable and I am not sleeping. UGH!!
Are colds at the beginning of summer common? My whole family has had a bad cold. Landon started with the croup last week. Poor baby was wheezing and coughing, it was nasty. They put him on steroids which I was reluctant to give him, but it seemed to really help. Then, I started getting a terrible cold, then Landon seemed to get better and then spiked a fever of 101 and started getting worse again. Then, Michael got sick too. He felt awful enough to stay home yesterday. Aaron has been croupy but I just give him Mucinex and he does fine, he stays the most well around here. We have been sooo very miserable. Yesterday, we all 4 laid down for a nap around 2pm, me, michael, and Aaron slept for 3 hours and Landon slept for 5 hours! we had to wake him up. WELL, Michael felt better today and went to work, Landon seems to be doing a lot better right now, I feel better other than the sinus drainage, so I do believe we are on the upside of things, now if I could just get some relief from the restless legs, and could sleep well, we would be great!!! Well, that's my update for today!! I know my life isn't very exciting, but OH WELL!!! thanks for listening anyway, and ANY suggestions on the restless legs would be greatly appreciated:) Love you all!!
OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! I forgot to let everyone know that Landon started crawling on Memorial Day, full fledged crawling!! He is EVERYWHERE!! I am going to have my hands full before long! START PRAYING NOW!

No comments: