Thursday, July 16, 2009

BIG STUFF

First of all- HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET BABY LANDON!! It's hard to believe that a whole year has gone by. And we'll be welcoming Nathan on July 29th, just 13 days away. 12 and a half months apart, wow! This should be interesting! Praise God for a good pregnancy. I am anemic again, but go figure! SO, on to some bigger news. I had sent out a mass text the other night to some peeps about praying for us for something big that could really change our lives. Our families already know, and a few close friends know as well. So, I have decided to let everyone else know, because we need prayers and we need specific prayers that we make the right decision. Mainly, that we are following God's will, not our own. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference. Michael is pursuing a job opportunity in South Florida. If he gets it, we'll be moving just south of Miami. It takes about 10 hours to get there, maybe a little more depending on what time of day you leave and what kind of traffic you hit. Michael went down there last Sunday and spent a few days scoping the area and meeting the people he would work with/for. He talked with the commander and he feels pretty good about everything. He has to wait for the job to actually be posted before he can apply. this should take another month. Once he applies, if he is chosen, then we would move, probably in September. this is HUGE for us. We have a lot of family support here in SC, a lot of family that is very close to us. Taking our kids away from their family would be hard. We are praying for guidance. We are also praying that our family and friends will be supportive in whatever happens. I guess, we aren't really praying for the actual decision anymore, Michael will apply, and if he gets it, we will go. I guess the prayers we need now are for peace about it and support from the ones we love. We will be sad to leave, but we are super excited for this adventure. It's really in God's hands now as we wait to see what happens. Please pray for us, our lives could drastically change in the next few months, not to mention, once we have this 3rd baby, our lives will already be turned upside down. Thanks for your continued support and prayers, we love you all. check back for updates on this and BABY NATHAN:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Landon!!! I've been praying for you ever since you sent me that text. I am praying for His guidance and His will to be done. I've also prayed for your sanity:) Just know we love you and your family and as long as you do His will everything will go wonderful.

I don't know if you heard, but Josh got accepted to be a police officer at the Columbia Police Department. We are both excited, I'm more nervous but I prayed that if God didn't want him to do this then he would get the job...soooo I guess God had this in mind :) He will have to go to the academy for 18 weeks starting sometime in August or September. If you need anything, I'll help you do whatever you need. All you have to do is tell me!!

Love ya girl!! Give those babies a hug and kiss for me!!!

Love,

Michelle