Thursday, November 20, 2008

Landon's progress-God is Amazing!

Just wanted to update everyone on Landon's progress. Most of you already know the details, but for those of you who don't...

We went to the doctor on Monday. Landon weighs 11 lbs 10 oz. He is 23 inches long. His head is 16. For height and weight he is just below the growth chart. By his next appointment he will have jumped up there, I'm sure. His head actually made it on the growth chart into the 10th percentile. These are not based on his adjusted age, it's based on a 4 month old. So, he is doing amazing! He is still doing a lot of what a 2 month old would be doing, but Dr. Thomas says he's doing a little bit more than a 2 month old. He's still not holding his chest up well, so I can't spoon feed him yet. Probably around 6 months we'll start that. We are just so happy that he is growing so well. I wanted to add that I started putting cereal in his formula a little over a week ago. I was frustrated that I couldn't get him on a schedule-he couldn't decide how much he wanted to drink and how many hours he wanted to go in between. I had also heard that cereal would help with reflux, so I tried it. And, it's a miracle...he is like a different baby. He's more content and he sleeps through the night without a bottle. I also put him on a sleep postitioner in his crib and he is now sleeping there instead of in my arms. His relux is somewhat gone now too. I think I have noticed 1 time that he was in pain, so I gave him his medicine, but that's it. I was in shock at how different he is now. He's also not spitting up all the time, so the cereal is holding it down in his belly. The doctor was all for it, she was pleased with his weight and didn't think he's getting too many calories. So, this is all great news!
A little update on me: I wanted to get into shape so I am doing something called Couch to 5K. My friend Tish is doing it, so we are doing it together. It's nice to have a partner in something like that so that you can hold each other accountable. I am able to go to her house and let our kids play and we trade off running on her treadmill. We are hoping to run a 5K on March 28th!! What a goal! I am super excited about it. I have never been able to run, so we'll see:) I told you I would update you on the books I have started reading, and I will, but not now:) Have a wonderful day and I love you all very much!!

No comments: