Saturday, November 8, 2008

Our hectic life...

We have had so much going on lately, so it is real hard to keep up with this blogging stuff!! I admire Tish that she can sit down and do this so much. I long for the days of scheduled feedings and naps. but, for now, Landon is still so very unpredictable. But, even so, we have gotten him out so much more lately. He is getting to be a big boy and even though he is still a little newborn, he's doing everything he would be if he would've been born on time, so I feel there's no need to keep him home 24/7 anymore. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to exposed to too many germs, but I think it is necessary for our family to be at church as much as we can, so that is what we are doing. Michael and I are back in the swing of things with Club 56 (our 5th and 6th grade crew at church) It is so rewarding to watch these kids, their knowledge of the Bible is amazing and I look forward to watching them transition into the youth group. I am proud to say that I will be going with them to Camp for a weekend in December. I am really looking forward to this experience, I think I will be the one learning:) Well, I need to post some pictures, but a few weekends ago we took Aaron to ride the Steam Engine in Winnsboro, we went with Tish, Chad, and Hudson. That was a blast!! It was so much fun to watch Aaron's face light up when he saw the steam engine hurtling down the track. It was just great. And it was nice to take him out without the baby, I felt like we were focusing just on him for once. The soccer season ended today and it was a great game(Landon and I unfortunately didn't attend because of the cold/wind)but, Aaron scored a goal!! What a perfect way to end the season! And now begins basketball. He will be playing Upward Basketball at church for the very first time. He had a practice last week and he just loved it. Can't wait to update you on his first game. Something else going on with us-we bought a minivan!! I have always wanted one, I think they are just so very practical, especially now with 2 children that require so much stuff. So, we got a 2004 Nissan Quest! It is great!! I love it and Michael does too. We actually fight over who's going to drive!! I never would've thought my hubby would enjoy a minivan! we are old!! Well, nothing extremely new with Landon, he feels like he weighs 10 lbs by now:) he's getting big! He smiles ALL the time. He's a great baby! I think he must be going through a growth spurt, because his eating habits are real weird right now, and sometimes I think I might lose my mind! I am trying to read more now that things are somewhat calm when we are at home. I actually read while I feed Landon. I will update you on my books later. this post is too long as it is. I will try my best to post some pictures soon. Thanks for reading my update! Love you all!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Minivan Mama! Add yourself to my friends list thing at the bottom of my blog! And check out the commercial I put on there today! It's hilarious!!!

Kelly Nash said...

While reading your post I thought it was quite appropriate that New Song was singing about needing Jesus. When things start to get crazy I need that reminder to let Him take the wheel.

Unknown said...

i just tagged you on my blog to do a quiz....so copy and past missy!