Sunday, July 19, 2009

Well, things are starting to happen and I am nervous but excited:) Thursday night we went to supper with Carrie and Dayna and celebrated Landon turning 1. I went to see Harry Potter with the girls right after and during the movie I started feeling some low back pain and what felt like mild contractions. I went home and felt them through the night, I did go a few hours without anything and then early that morning felt it again. It would come and go, but not regularly. So, I debated on whether or not to call the doctor on Friday morning and finally decided to go ahead and see what they said. they wanted me to come right in. He checked me and said my cervix had not changed, but if it would have, he would have taken the baby that day. He decided to put me on Breathine, a pill to stop contractions over the weekend because I will be 37 weeks on Monday and he would like for me to at least make it full term. He said if it got worse over the weekend they would do it, but if I still felt bad on Monday or if my cervix has changed at all, he will do the c section Monday. The medicine I am taking is awful. I have gotten a little more used to it now, but it makes your heart race and feel like you are going to jump out of your skin. I am very shaky all over and it stays that way for almost 4 hours, so by the time it wears off, I have to take it again. and I have to take around the clock. So, all that being said, I might be having a baby on Monday, but we shall see. They told me to be ready for it though. So, we are busy trying to get the house prepared and pack bags. We also had Landon's first birthday party on Saturday, which was hard because the doctor also said he wanted me on bedrest for the weekend. I stood more than I should on Saturday, but I just couldn't sit down the entire party. Landon was so cute on his first birthday. the party was a success and he got lots of cute stuff. He had a little bit of an allergic reaction to the smash cake. He got icing all over his face and was rubbing it in his eyes and his whole face broke out and so did his chest. It went away about an hour later, but he looked pretty miserable for a little while. I felt so bad for him! It was certainly a day to remember! Well, we will let you know when the baby comes, for now just pray that we are ready for this third child! I know that I am ready to not be pregnant anymore;) I'm not sure what that's like.....

No comments: